Our Nugget Shooting Adventure
September 2001 by Mas KadonagaGold—a very elusive, heavy, yellow, metallic element—is coveted by man and not easily given up by Mother Nature. This is a story of a group of friends—old, new, and some I hadn’t met before this trip. We embarked on a journey in search of that yellow metal.
• Endangered Species Act update
• California Fish & Game tries yet another route to stop gold dredgers
• Rahall bill threatens uranium mining
• California Fish & Game claims it needs more time
• Huge new tax burden on coin and bullion transactions
• Refund bill fails in Assembly Committee
• More like “upsetting” than offsetting...
• So, when is our first shareholder meeting?
• Government kicks a gift horse in the mouth...
• Will the real Barack Obama please step forward...
• Cell phone tax is un-appealing
• Awkwardly dressed
• Would Mother approve?
Compared to California, Arizona has virtually no oil seeps. But, the great Permian Basin of West Texas has virtually none either. Arizona has something that neither California nor Texas have, and that is public lands that are open for leasing. The northern half of Arizona has more seeps and is thus of greater interest, but it would be foolish to disregard the southern half because giant oil and natural gas fields could underlie some of the broad desert valleys.
Two landmark golden gatherings took place in Vancouver, British Columbia near the end of January, and while they both related to the world of gold, they each had a completely different emphasis.
Even more prospectors arrived on Saturday morning, and drywashers and detectors were in use for much of the day...
The Bawl Mill • A True Endangered Species • Guest Editorial—Vertical Disintegration • USGS Reports Increase of Imported Minerals • The San Juan Mountains, Colorado • A Silver Opportunity • Gold in Virginia • Picks & Pans: DEF Prospectors Rally Was a Huge Success • News From GATA • How PGMs Affect Assay Beads • Fly Fishing the Mine Tailings/Headwaters of the Clark Fork, Montana • Company Notes • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices