Melman on Gold & Silver
June 2006 by Leonard MelmanOne of our favorite lines can be attributed to former New York Yankee great Yogi Berra when he declared, “It’s deja vu all over again!” Well, during the past month, that seems to be the case as headline after headline has been recurring with amazing frequency.
• Forest Service proposes further changes to mining regs
• Preble’s mouse resurrected
- Comments needed regarding proposed NEPA improvements
- Efforts underway to fix the ESA
Q: Where is the best place to prospect for gold in Minnesota?
It was not the scenery that attracted Vancouver-based Hawthorne Gold Corp. to the area, but rather the opportunity to gain control of projects with the ability to enter into production in the relatively near future...
• "Fast and Furious" investigation slowly moving forward
• EPA needs to be held accountable
• "...absolutely incorrect."
• "...stories by Bob Schlosser are something else."
The Forest Service is being criticized for spending $15,000 to rent a helicopter to empty sewage from a remote outhouse in northeast Nevada, work a citizens group had volunteered to do for free by using a closed forest road that the group wants reopened.
The Bawl Mill • Basic Geology for the Independent Miner—Part VI Geology of Placer Gold Deposits • Mining is Booming in Northern Ontario • For a Few Specks of Gold • The Livengood-Tolovana Mining District • Miners Rescued After Two Weeks • Mining Firms Uneasy Over Bolivia • Wyoming's Billion Dollar Nugget • China to Set Up Strategic Reserves • Mongolia Tax May Chase Off Investment • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices