China to Set Up Strategic Reserves
June 2006 by Associated PressChina plans to set up strategic reserves for key minerals such as copper, uranium and aluminum, the government said, acting to ensure supplies amid record high prices due to soaring demand.
• Run for the border
• By the numbers
The extraordinary rebound in gold prices is claiming some unlikely victims—a few of the gold mining companies themselves.
• New Congress is off to a good start
• It’s all about connections...
• The numbers speak for themselves...
• More roadblocks in southern California
• Greater Sage-grouse withdrawals
• Australians know how to do a fundraiser
• She shared a toothbrush but...
• This IRS employee will share her winnings—with the IRS!...
• A diamond is forever (almost)...
George was considering filling his dredge floats with closed-cell foam, ensuring that there would be no area available within each float for flooding.
All locations gave up some gold, but one particular section of exposed bedrock with steep, packed crevices kept giving us good, consistent results. We had found our spot.
The Bawl Mill • Basic Geology for the Independent Miner—Part VI Geology of Placer Gold Deposits • Mining is Booming in Northern Ontario • For a Few Specks of Gold • The Livengood-Tolovana Mining District • Miners Rescued After Two Weeks • Mining Firms Uneasy Over Bolivia • Wyoming's Billion Dollar Nugget • Mongolia Tax May Chase Off Investment • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices