Melman on Gold & Silver
October 2000 by Leonard MelmanBy the time you receive this issue of ICMJ, the November election will be only a few weeks away, and the campaign is finally heating up. Quite surprisingly, Vice President Gore has taken the lead in recent polls from the early front-runner, George "Dubya" Bush.
• Some of us probably recall the saying "the fly in the ointment."...
• "You must be morons to send me this letter!"
• Worried about Y2K?—Trust in God and the FDIC...
I believe that the continual imposition of Leftist concepts on an already economically overburdened world is a recipe for some future economic catastrophe...
• Judge refuses to grant preliminary injuction to end suction gold dredging moratorium in California
• Proposed listing of Yellow-legged frog and Yosemite Toad in northern California
Gemstones are timeless treasures of beauty. The extraordinary and satiated colors of many gemstones enhance their aesthetic beauty. Gems have been sought for personal adornment since the beginning of time and such minerals...
• "...response to your inforamtion..."
• "Rattlesnakes" article (August 2002) was "unclear"
...Most importantly, the mining districts can open the federal land to multiple-use by the public on principles of inclusion rather than the present-day exclusions...
Virginia Elvira Russell
(Mining Grandma of Humbug)
March 4, 1999
The Bawl Mill • A Word from the Editor • Under the Guise of Environmental Protection—EPA Revealed • The Centennial Lode and the Centennial Ridge District, Wyoming • Company Notes • Picks & Pans—In Search of Nome Creek Gold • Massive Sulfide Deposits in Oregon • Recreational Dredging on the South Yuba River • The Trapiches of Chile • Tales of Liberty Gold • Drywashing Alluvial Placers • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices