Locating a New Nugget Patch
September 2007 by Chris RalphFinding a new spot that is rich in gold, but has not already been exploited by other metal detector operators, is a goal of many prospectors. Sometimes it takes a lot of looking and research to find such a place because a lot of prospectors are out there...
For the 20th consecutive year, ICMJ’s Prospecting and Mining Journal was voted “Prospecting Magazine of the Year”...
There’s gold in that thar sea floor. Silver, copper, zinc and lead, too. The problem is, it’s a mile or two underwater and encased in massive mineral deposits that layer a dark, mysterious world.
• Trump cabinet forming
• Last minute regulations
• California suction dredging
USFS Chief Michael Dombeck held 2 invitation only meetings in February in Elko and Reno. Nye County commission chairman Dick Carver was present at the Reno meeting, along with Bob Hadfield, executive director of the Nevada Association of Counties, and John Fallon of the Cattlemen's Association.
• Celebrities take over hearing, and at least one senator is fed up
• Ruling Upholds EPA's authority to address Garcia River, other waterways polluted by runoff
• US Supreme Court: Sokaogon Chippewa can set water standard
• 1872 Mining Law under attack
• Waiting for a decision about 43CFR 3809
• How do I separate silver from lead ore?
• A bumpy ride for miners...
• Speaking of climate change...
• "Recreational" mining
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Mining Gold at 16,000 Feet • Journeys in the Kingman Quadrangle—Part II • The American Hill Mine • In Pursuit of Gold & Silver in the Sierra Madres—The Plan • Cal-Gold Closes Shop After 30 Years • The Hardrock Mining and Reclamation Act of 2007 • Prison Time Handed Out for Gold and Silver Thefts • Northern Dynasty Chooses Partner for Pebble • Melman on Gold & Silver • Looking Back • Mining Stock Quotes, Mineral & Metal Prices