Liberal Group Begins Push to Tax Mining in Nevada
January 2010 by Associated PressA Nevada liberal advocacy group is mounting a drive to get voters to back a ballot measure to collect more taxes from gold mining.
• The ESA used, and apparently abused, in Arizona and New Mexico
• In a somewhat related story...
• Among the numerous bills that died when Congress adjourned...
• More on the ESA
• Miners must present proof of filing, says IBLA
• Federal government backs mining project
• Appeals Court says Clinton roadless rule can stay
Three former employees of a Colorado gold mine face charges of stealing more than $1.7 million in unprocessed gold, prosecutors said.
The Candelaria area is of interest to prospectors not just for silver, gold and other metals, but also for the beautiful gemstones found there.
In response to "Fake Assays and Assayers", ICMJ September 2000...
In the 1980s, I spent 5 summers living in a tent in order to map the 450 mi2 South Pass granite-greenstone belt and many of its historic mines. While mapping, I was quite impressed by the general lack of development of lode gold deposits.
The Bawl Mill • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Detecting the Swiftshore Mine • Prospecting for Rare Earth Metals • Bucket Dredged Boulder Gold • The Golden Surprise • University of Nevada Offers Online Mineral Processing Class • The Business of Mining—Tradeshow Deductions • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes & Mineral and Metal Prices