The Bawl Mill
January 2010 by Staff• Top 10 ways to get past airport security
• Scientific certainty flashback
• Open means closed
• Gore’s Inconvenient Truth
• Great at escaping, not so good at evading...
• Free firearms training classes...for teachers
The process of updating the Rand Mining District is underway and you’ll see a Public Notice in this issue requesting interested parties to submit an application to serve on the board.
• People in lead houses should not throw stones...
• The Anything-but-Affordable Care Act
In March 2004, Vulcan, a mine exploring robot from the Discovery Miner Program, was shipped to the Vulture City region to investigate the conditions of an abandoned hard rock mine. The shaft was typical of the dangerous mines that are...
For the past year, one of the most troubling questions raised at mining conventions and conferences has been, “Why have so many economic and social events occurred as predicted, but the precious metals remain locked in a...
• "No surprises" ruled restored
• Supreme Court to address submerged lands in Alaska
• Governors say reform the ESA
• Miners need to stay involved in each state
Is there a reasonable and cost effective way to separate out the values?
Legislative and Regulatory Update • Liberal Group Begins Push to Tax Mining in Nevada • Detecting the Swiftshore Mine • Prospecting for Rare Earth Metals • Bucket Dredged Boulder Gold • The Golden Surprise • University of Nevada Offers Online Mineral Processing Class • The Business of Mining—Tradeshow Deductions • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes & Mineral and Metal Prices