Legislative and Regulatory Update
February 2011 by Scott Harn• Backdoor Wild Lands order
• PLP reports on latest dredge lawsuit
• Massive lands bill avoided
• No cap and trade for now
• RS-2477 rights affirmed
...we packed up our two dredges and headed for our claim about an hour away on the South Fork of the Clearwater to dredge openly in opposition to the EPA.
- Budd-Falen in line to become next director at BLM
- Ten national monuments slated for changes or reductions
- California adds another fee
US uranium mines produced less than 174,000 pounds in 2019, according to the February Energy Information Administration report. That’s down from 4.9 million pounds in 2014.
Judge Ochoa went so far as to call the California permit scheme “unenforceable.”
• Oregon proposed withdrawal
- Comments needed regarding proposed NEPA improvements
- Efforts underway to fix the ESA
Another California Assembly member, Jared Huffman, is attempting to ban dredging in the state on a more permanent basis.
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • The Basics of Crushing and Milling Operations • Ask The Experts—What minerals are magnetic? Can rare earth magnets capture platinum? • Ask The Experts—Jet nozzle or suction nozzle? Which is best for my highbanker? • Ask The Experts—Precious metals in water? • Rediscovering Placerville, California • Eastern Arizona: Gold and Base Metal Deposits—Part I • Over The Divide—Daryl J. Nelson • Cyanide-Free Gold Separation • Mining Stock Quotes & Mineral and Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver