Legislative and Regulatory Update
February 2011 by Scott Harn• Backdoor Wild Lands order
• PLP reports on latest dredge lawsuit
• Massive lands bill avoided
• No cap and trade for now
• RS-2477 rights affirmed
Nevada’s attorney general for the first time is joining a rural county in a 15-year-old legal battle...
• California suction dredging regulations
• Draft Coho recovery plan for Southern Oregon, Northern California
• Comment period extended for frog habitat
• Tennessee permits for gold prospecting
• California dredging injunction and restraining order hearing
In every sense, this was a witch hunt with a preconceived agenda to heavily restrict or outright prohibit most small-scale mining in Oregon.
Those miners present immediately recognized the benefits of becoming members of MMAC and joined up on the spot. I spent some time answering a few questions, and then the miners took over.
• Salazar pushes wilderness
• California Governor signs AB 120
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • The Basics of Crushing and Milling Operations • Ask The Experts—What minerals are magnetic? Can rare earth magnets capture platinum? • Ask The Experts—Jet nozzle or suction nozzle? Which is best for my highbanker? • Ask The Experts—Precious metals in water? • Rediscovering Placerville, California • Eastern Arizona: Gold and Base Metal Deposits—Part I • Over The Divide—Daryl J. Nelson • Cyanide-Free Gold Separation • Mining Stock Quotes & Mineral and Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver