Legislative and Regulatory Update
February 2011 by Scott Harn• Backdoor Wild Lands order
• PLP reports on latest dredge lawsuit
• Massive lands bill avoided
• No cap and trade for now
• RS-2477 rights affirmed
Please note that new mining claims filed on or after September 1, 2019, will be subject to the new fee schedule.
Republican legislators say the funding is necessary to protect state interests...
• Idaho maintains control
• Enough wilderness already
• Restraining the EPA
• Republicans on the attack
• DOI requests hard rock royalty
• New Forest Service plans
• Bill supporting small miners
• New mercury emission regs
• Latest info on California suction dredging
• Increase in claim fees
• Impact of recent elections
• Current suction gold dredging status in California
• Parks in Southern California
The ESA has become an unwieldy beast that was hijacked by government agencies run amok, and by extreme environmental groups who saw it as a way to lock up public lands and to generate income through exaggerated claims and continuous lawsuits.
Have you ever wondered what it is going to take to stop the insanity of politicians and environmental groups from taking away our rights?
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • The Basics of Crushing and Milling Operations • Ask The Experts—What minerals are magnetic? Can rare earth magnets capture platinum? • Ask The Experts—Jet nozzle or suction nozzle? Which is best for my highbanker? • Ask The Experts—Precious metals in water? • Rediscovering Placerville, California • Eastern Arizona: Gold and Base Metal Deposits—Part I • Over The Divide—Daryl J. Nelson • Cyanide-Free Gold Separation • Mining Stock Quotes & Mineral and Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver