Legislative and Regulatory Update
February 2011 by Scott Harn• Backdoor Wild Lands order
• PLP reports on latest dredge lawsuit
• Massive lands bill avoided
• No cap and trade for now
• RS-2477 rights affirmed
"As elected leaders of the State of Alaska, we want you to know that Alaska is open to investment from those who seek to develop our state's natural resources safely and responsibly..."
- Bishop and Curtis seek to rein in Antiquities Act abuses
- Lands bill signed by President Trump
• Hike in mining claim fees
• Hearing on suction gold dredging in California
• Interior wants mining reform
Besides the EPA issue, our major priority is to work on the proposed amendment to the National Strategic and Critical Minerals Production Act (S 145), a bill proposed in the Senate by US Senator Dean Heller (R-Nevada).
• National Strategic and Critical Minerals Production Act
• CA suction dredging update
• Appropriations Bill addresses problems at EPA
• Bad science, worse policy
• Critical minerals obtain national security status
• Idaho to take over EPA permitting
This will provide the opportunity to meet with many of the members of Congress in a more informal setting at several meetings, luncheons and dinners. And we have been offered the chance to meet with President Trump’s staff.
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • The Basics of Crushing and Milling Operations • Ask The Experts—What minerals are magnetic? Can rare earth magnets capture platinum? • Ask The Experts—Jet nozzle or suction nozzle? Which is best for my highbanker? • Ask The Experts—Precious metals in water? • Rediscovering Placerville, California • Eastern Arizona: Gold and Base Metal Deposits—Part I • Over The Divide—Daryl J. Nelson • Cyanide-Free Gold Separation • Mining Stock Quotes & Mineral and Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver