GATA Launches Investigation into Gold Price Manipulation
June 1999 by Associated PressNoted antitrusts and securities law firm specialist, Berger & Montague of Philadelphia, has been retained by the Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee (GATA) in order to assist in its investigation into the alleged manipulation of the gold market.
• More National Monument news
• Land-use advocates file another suit over National Monuments
• NWMA's Linda Skaer addresses EPA in northern Idaho
• California Senator proposes locking up 2.5 million acres with "Wildnerness" designation
• Battle over the rights of people versus fish continues in the Klamath Basin
• Sound science or "fairy tales"
• The Forest Service worker who cried “wolf”
• Out of commission
• NEPA improvements coming?
• Speaking of the Forest Service...
• Murkowski proposes tax increase on miners
• Kensington impact statement affirmed
• Rock Creek on hold, for now
• ESA reform update
• Desert Mineral Mining; one down, two to go for permits
• Montana smells a RAT
• Oregon dredging bill defeated
• California bill would exempt dredgers from permitting
• Possible ESA listing
• Washington State tries to impose more fees on miners
The Bawl Mill • N.Y. Congressman Introduces Utah Wilderness Bill • Gold in Mono County, California • Prospecting Ores Shoots and Hidden Veins for Specimen-Grade Gold Samples • Randsburg—Still Going Strong • Exploration Drilling • You Want a Ripoff? Here's a Ripoff!! • Mining Claim Maintenance Fee Due • Gold and Silver Deposit May Be World's Largest • Aviators Carry Gold Coins • Picks & Pans: Koyukuk River Gold—Prospecting Alaska's Brooks Range • Congressional Request to EPA: "Leave Our Kids Alone!" • Quartz and Chalcedony in Wyoming • Company Notes • Gold at Quartzville, Oregon • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Looking Back