Evaluating a Placer Discovery
March 2000 by Dr. Ralph E. PrayGold mineralization is usually first noted in an area by examining material weathered from the source and liberated or washed downhill from it.
• This wasn't the UN makeover we were expecting
• Do you have more money than you really need?
• British tabloids "French roast" Chirac
• Reporter comes out of the closet
Revett Silver Company, formerly Sterling Mining Company, hopes to reopen a dormant copper and silver mine near Troy, Montana, in the next six months because higher copper prices have made the operation practical, an executive said.
• Voters say "yes" to mining in Alaska
• Colorado cyanide ban case presented
• New small-scale regulations released in Washington State
• Colorado roadless areas
Hardrock mining never would have happened in the United States if a recent interpretation of the nation's mining law had been in effect in the 1890s, a mining executive says.
When prospecting for lithium, after confirming for macro attributes through research and field work, including examination of surface geology, the main tool is an accurate lithium assay.
- Town’s “big risk” leads to really big loss
- High-speed rail causes division...in property access
- Oregon miners to petition for US Supreme Court review
- Two executive orders to reign in federal agencies
- Petition for Joshua tree as a threatened species
The Bawl Mill • Group Sues Feds Over New Nat'l Monuments • Tribe Joins Idaho in Roadless Suit • 10,000 Shovels Back Protest • Letter to the Editor—From Mike Miller, President, Original Sixteen to One Mine • U.S. Dept. of Interior Inspectors in Arizona • Wyoming Tops in Royalties • Sunnyside, Arizona • Company Notes • Treasures for Sale • "Gold" Coin Debuts • Picks & Pans: Prospecting at Mills Creek, Alaska • Delamar District, Nevada • Millie's Tailings • Adventure at the 420 Level • Looking Back • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices