East Coast Prospecting Challenges
August 2009 by David ShackletonThere is one gold prospecting requirement... that remains a steeper challenge to prospectors in certain portions of the United States.
The Directory of Active Mines in Arizona-1999, just released by the Arizona Department of Mines and Mineral Resources, reflects the strength and diversity of the Arizona mining industry.
• Disappointed supporter has the ultimate last word on the matter...
• You should have seen the millions that got away...
• So much for sacrifice...
• Top Democrats will have to find new finance chairman
It was a milestone day in the battle to maintain the rights of miners to dredge on federal mining claims in California.
Jerry Freeman became an instant celebrity in January by announcing the discovery of a 149-year-old trunk belonging to a band of Gold Rush settlers he's obsessively researched for more than a decade.
• Flattening Syria like a pancake
• "Did I say that out loud?"
• Flower arrangers wilting in Louisiana
• Be careful what you wish for...
• Using drywashers to work desert gravels
I have been detecting the area on and off since I discovered it. Every time I bought a new detector it was the first place I went to.
The Bawl Mill • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Finding Gold With Copper and Turquoise • GM to Cancel Mining Contracts • California Suction Dredging Update • Newmont Fined for Fatality • The Memorial Day Nugget • Saving Money on Mining Gadgets • BLM Increases Location & Maintenance Fees • Rio Tinto: Allegations Without Foundation • National Mining Hall of Fame to Induct Five • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices