The Bawl Mill
August 2009 by Staff• If it’s good enough for the people...
• Rolling Stone magazine...fair and balanced?
• By the numbers...
• Norton treasures environment but environmentalists worry
• From the National Forest Service
• Suit Filed Against Roadless Initiative
• New EPA rules restrict ombudsman
• Forest Service Sierra Nevada plan is even opposed by Feinstein
• Regarding 3809 and property rights
• Regarding the editorial, "A True Endangered Species" (09/01 ICMJ)
• We should all use the correct terms
• Getting scolded during recess happens to adults, too.
• On-the-job training
• Batteries not included
• By the numbers
The following was excerpted from a published decision of Interior Department Office of Hearings and Appeals
I would first like to mention that I am not a geologist. I have, however, spent the last 8 years intently searching for gold nuggets with a metal detector. I have found gold in numerous locations, and in several different types of gold deposits.
Spanish Civil Guards heightened a battle over a $500 million treasure of gold and silver coins from a shipwreck when they seized a vessel belonging to a Tampa, Florida company.
• BLM proposes another fee increase
• Old Roadless Rule blocked
• County attempt to regulate leaching thwarted
• Canyon fights on
• New wilderness passes Senate; faces uphill battle in House
Legislative and Regulatory Update • Finding Gold With Copper and Turquoise • GM to Cancel Mining Contracts • California Suction Dredging Update • Newmont Fined for Fatality • The Memorial Day Nugget • East Coast Prospecting Challenges • Saving Money on Mining Gadgets • BLM Increases Location & Maintenance Fees • Rio Tinto: Allegations Without Foundation • National Mining Hall of Fame to Induct Five • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices