Detecting in Australia's Pilbara Region
February 2007 by Jim FosterSituated in northwest Western Australia, Australia’s Pilbara is one of the most isolated and scenic places on earth. The tiny town of Marble Bar, Australia’s hottest town, sits amongst the ancient ranges and is a Mecca for tourists—and gold...
• Can you explain a jig, Ainlay bowl, hammer mill?
• Salazar pushes wilderness
• California Governor signs AB 120
My girlfriend Beth and I decided to take our canoe down the Yukon and do some gold dredging...
Michigan would have one of the toughest sets of rules for sulfide mining in the nation under legislation approved by a state House committee.
Q: A few questions about diamonds...
• It's almost November
• Two federal land managers found guilty of contempt
• A chance to halt additional wilderness in Southern California
• Oregon mineral withdrawal
• A really good reason to get out and vote in Oregon
The Bawl Mill • Prospectors Beat Mining Claim Tax • In Pursuit of Gold and Silver in the Sierra Madres—Establishing a Mining Company in Mexico • Update On “Special Rock” Kicking • Michigan DEQ Gives Tentative OK to Nickel, Copper Mine • Saved Before the Tax Bell Tolled • The Petersville—Yentna Goldfields • Demand for Copper Boosts Zambian Mining • Doc Livingston • Bum Luck • San Manuel Mine Officially Closes With a Bang • Environmentalists Target Pebble Mine • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Looking Back