Crandon Mine Decision Still Years Away, Says State
June 2001 by StaffNicolet Minerals expected to be mining zinc and copper from an underground quarry in Wisconsin by now. Instead, a state review of the project is only 75 percent completed after seven years, a top state regulator said.
- And then there was one...
- The humble heros of the CEA
• IBLA rules against miner for "late" filing
• Wyoming appeals roadless decision
• Mercury reduction program slated for California
• Oregon wilderness
• Oregon miner prevails in lawsuit against Forest Service and District Ranger
• Canada pulls out of Kyoto Climate Treaty
In September 1861, on a round-about prospecting journey homeward, five California gold miners discovered gold in the area now called Florence. While watering the horses, one of the men noticed a golden color on a piece of slate bedrock in the stream...
I looked over and saw Ben on his knees, digging at the edge of the Manzanitas, almost underneath them. I thought back to the previous weekend when we were planning this trip—that day had been a “Ben day.”
The popularity of the new Discovery Channel series Bering Sea Gold has peaked interest in what gold resources are offshore of Nome, Alaska. The Cape Nome mining district is world famous...
• A parting shot from the Clinton Administration
• 43 CFR-3809
• Clinton signs Steens Mountain
• Report denounces EPAs basin cleanup
• Group sues to reverse Sequoia National Monument designation
...we finally got back to this exploration effort. The old works there were up above the old camp, which was very significant in size.
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • San Diego County Tourmaline • Nebraska Couple Finds Big Nugget in Arizona • Great Basin Gold • Company Notes • GATA Update • Picks & Pans: Selecting a Gold Dredge • VLF Detectors and the Effect of Mineralization While Nuggetshooting • Search for the Legendary Sierra Azul • Public Lands for the People Educates Prospectors • Harshaw's Silver Days • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver • Investors Hope to Revive Idaho Gold Mine