Utah Mining History Being Erased
September 2008 by Mike CappsThe history of an important and prominent semi-ghost town of Eureka, Utah has been targeted by the Utah Department of Oil, Gas and Mining (DOGM) for immediate reclamation of “abandoned” mining sites.
• Top 10 ways to get past airport security
• Scientific certainty flashback
• Open means closed
• Gore’s Inconvenient Truth
- WOTUS rule finalized
- Reminder on new claim fees
Washington State gold miners received good news when they were recently informed that State officials have granted them authority to resume limited placer gold beach mining...
• Homestake Mining Company
• Newmont Mining Corporation
• Azco Mining Inc.
• Sterling Mining Co.
• Comico Ltd.
• Vista Gold
• JAB International
• I-147 will be on the ballot
• Consolidation granted
• More rivers off-limits to mining
• Valley fills decision appealed
• Forest Service cites dredgers
• Time extended for roadless comments
• Newmont water permit voided
• What comes around goes around...
• Bombs away for Texas nuclear materials inspection
Three times we went back and finally found a clue. There was an old air shaft not far from the trail!
The Bawl Mill • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Ask The Experts—Columbium/Niobium • Ask The Experts—How do I work this large quartz vein? • Cashing In Your Gold: Working With A Refiner • Our Readers Say • Major Miners Go on Buying Spree • The Big Gold Strike • Gold Deposits Of South Carolina • Investing In Junior Mining Stocks • Bella's Birthday Nugget • Hidden Treasure Mine—Foresthill Divide, California • Jerritt Canyon Mine Lays Off 400 • Teenager Finds Large Nugget • Winnemucca Rising While Other Towns Falter • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes