Utah Mining History Being Erased
September 2008 by Mike CappsThe history of an important and prominent semi-ghost town of Eureka, Utah has been targeted by the Utah Department of Oil, Gas and Mining (DOGM) for immediate reclamation of “abandoned” mining sites.
• "As-is" car includes $82,000 cash
• Keep your eyes on your saw blade
• "In lieu of flowers please vote for Bush/Cheney."
• Tampa Mayor gets the boot
• Big donors don't bother to vote
• California dredging update
• Study: Sage grouse does not need protection
• Tennessee enacts harsh new gold prospecting regulations
In order to search for placer diamonds, the prospector needs to first become familiar with the commodity that he/she is looking for. Diamonds are extraordinary minerals with extreme hardness that have inherited beauty sought for personal adornment and...
- Bernhardt confirmed
- State of Montana to appeal Rock Creek decision
• "Thank you..."
• "...dredges under 8" need not be regulated"
• NEPA improvements coming?
• Speaking of the Forest Service...
• Murkowski proposes tax increase on miners
• Kensington impact statement affirmed
• Rock Creek on hold, for now
• ESA reform update
• Desert Mineral Mining; one down, two to go for permits
• Montana smells a RAT
Gold nuggets and serpentine contacts
The Bawl Mill • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Ask The Experts—Columbium/Niobium • Ask The Experts—How do I work this large quartz vein? • Cashing In Your Gold: Working With A Refiner • Our Readers Say • Major Miners Go on Buying Spree • The Big Gold Strike • Gold Deposits Of South Carolina • Investing In Junior Mining Stocks • Bella's Birthday Nugget • Hidden Treasure Mine—Foresthill Divide, California • Jerritt Canyon Mine Lays Off 400 • Teenager Finds Large Nugget • Winnemucca Rising While Other Towns Falter • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes