The Risks of Mining Overseas
November 2007 by Associated PressZimbabwe is the latest country to threaten seizure of foreign-owned mining projects.
• Anti-dredging bill SB 637 passes
• Big win by a California suction gold dredger
• Administration locks up another popular gold mining area
• BLM creates de facto wilderness without Congressional approval
Concerning assay comments...
Most of our gold recoveries have been in the cracks of the bedrock. Hot rocks in the form of dikes cross the creek at various locations, causing us to skip those areas.
Excerpts from California Mining Journal, our original title, published 50 years ago this month.
About 10 years ago the Forest Service told a miner that he could not stay on his claim for more than 14 days in a row. I told the miner that he could stay as long as he wants, providing he was mining.
• Idaho challenges EPA regulations
• California suction gold dredging
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Prairie Creek Project Approaches Final Hurdle • A Golden Dream Come True • Dawson City and the World Gold Panning Championships • Journeys in the Kingman Quadrangle—Part IV • Silver Bonanza in the Sierra Madre: The Glorious Past of Batopilas—Part II • The Business of Mining—The Benefits of an S Corporation • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices