The Bawl Mill
April 2006 by Staff• Litterbugs bite business
• Marriage counseling needed?
• Congressman receives a new term...
• Flattening Syria like a pancake
• "Did I say that out loud?"
• Flower arrangers wilting in Louisiana
• Be careful what you wish for...
- EPA ends "sue and settle"
- Sage grouse mineral withdrawal cancelled
• Polar bear listed
• Forest Service trying to close off access
A state House committee supported legislation sponsored by Rep. Dick Harwood that would allow state mining leases for tailings and dumps, which Idaho law currently prohibits.
Every year the Northwest Mining Association holds an industry trade show. Many vendors are on hand, and there are many presentations given. With thousands of folks in attendance it’s not hard to get a pulse on what is happening in the mining industry.
Federal Court to Address Dredge Permits—The Tulloch Rule • Basic Geology for the Independent Miner—Part IV Geology of Hardrock Gold Deposits • Economic Impact of Mining in Alaska • The Kenai Peninsula Goldfields • Copper Price Keeps Canadian Miners Busy • The Business of Mining: Financial Recoveries for Mandated Changes • Utilizing Geologic Maps • The Rich Hill Outing • Picks & Pans: Detecting at Ganes Creek • Copper Mine Opening in Utah • Future of Mining in Bolivia Uncertain • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices