Economic Impact of Mining in Alaska
April 2006 by Scott HarnThe Alaska Miners Association recently released a report on the Economic Impact of Mining on Alaska. The numbers are impressive:
The Colorado state Court of Appeals ruled that counties have the authority to ban the use of cyanide in gold mining.
Rick donned a pair of fiberglass shin guards that he normally wore dredging, just in case he uncovered the rattlesnake during his digging and rock moving. I wasn’t convinced they were going to provide enough protection.
• Goldcorp Inc.
• Kinross Gold Corp.
• Newmont Mining Corp.
• "...just about more than I can stand."
• "I hope you can answer my number one question..."
• "...I still go out and mine a little at my old stompin' grounds in Siskiyou County..."
• "...New Prospecting Club in the Southeast."
• "...9 ounces...in two weeks."
• "...It's no secret..."
Excerpts from CMJ published 50 years ago this month.
• Taxpayers taken for a “ride”
• Fellow Congressmen, lend me your earmarks...
The Bawl Mill • Federal Court to Address Dredge Permits—The Tulloch Rule • Basic Geology for the Independent Miner—Part IV Geology of Hardrock Gold Deposits • The Kenai Peninsula Goldfields • Copper Price Keeps Canadian Miners Busy • The Business of Mining: Financial Recoveries for Mandated Changes • Utilizing Geologic Maps • The Rich Hill Outing • Picks & Pans: Detecting at Ganes Creek • Copper Mine Opening in Utah • Future of Mining in Bolivia Uncertain • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices