Our Readers Say
March 2015 by Staff
The Yuba County area of northern California is so rich in mining history that it should not be overlooked while exploring the potential placer mining locations. The incredible wealth that came from the myriad of placer deposits leads many to continue exploring the rivers and streams for more treasure.
Excerpts from California Mining Journal, our original title, published 50 years ago this month.
• Financial Guarantees (Bonding)
• National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
• Diesel engine exhaust
• Senator Daschle inadvertently helps timber industry
• USFWS implementing Wildlands Project without voter approval
• Idaho miners will challenge new EPA permit at rally
• California proposes to amend definition of a suction dredge
• Proposed rule redefines "navigable waters"
When I was recently in West Africa, I got to see and play with my first, phony, Chinese knock-off metal detector.
Bob Abbey, former state director of the Bureau of Land Management in Nevada, was confirmed as national director of the agency.
That is one of the problems with much of the so-called objective information we regularly receive—it is so tinged with partisanship that much of it can barely be believed...
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Just Another Ordinary Weekend • Small-Scale Hard Rock Mining With Water Recycling • The Paragenesis of Gold & Silver Deposits • Getting A Successful Start in Metal Detecting for Gold • Placer Mining At Chititu Creek, Alaska • Gold Rush Continues in Africa • Gold Refining In The Ancient World • Tasers and Mining Don't Mix • Thinking Outside The Creek • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices