Silver City Prospecting Adventures
May 2009 by Alan J. ChenworthI got to Silver City late on a Friday night (OK, it was 2:30am Saturday morning), and the first few snowflakes began to fall as I pulled into the campsite.
• Conformation for some
• Congress canceling regulations
The Foresthill Divide in Placer County, California, has underneath its present surface a multitude of buried river channels, most of which paid enormously well in the Gold Rush years of 1850 to 1890.
We're done watching as an unelected and unchecked bureaucracy, with rule-making authority, enforcement powers, and seemingly bottomless budgets abuses citizens at will.
• Real or fool's gold?
• Celebrities take over hearing, and at least one senator is fed up
• Ruling Upholds EPA's authority to address Garcia River, other waterways polluted by runoff
• US Supreme Court: Sokaogon Chippewa can set water standard
• 1872 Mining Law under attack
• Waiting for a decision about 43CFR 3809
In response to "Fake Assays and Assayers", ICMJ September 2000...
Many of the calls and letters I have received from our readers lately have expressed frustration and outright anger at the Clinton Administration.
The Bawl Mill • Prospectors & Attorneys • Technology Opens Promise, Perils of Ocean Mining • Hot Ground or Large Deep Gold? • Finding Diamond Deposits With Your PC—Part II • Mining Expedition at Eagle Rock—Part I • Subscriber Locates Large Diamond at Arkansas Diamond Park • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Gold Pours Again at Jerritt Mine