Picks & Pans: Arizona Desert Drywashing Adventure
February 2002 by Leonard LeeperAs a dedicated dredger, this was to be a totally different experience. Finding gold without using water seemed almost impossible.
• Look for less federal government land acquisitions in the new budget
• Valley fill ruling overturned
• Two species rejected for listing under ESA
• New Mexico and Montana consider legislation to encourage mining
• Mining, lumber groups seek to eliminate funds for university program
• Backfilling required for new mines in California
• Nevada Congressman named vice chairman of Resources
• Idaho gets deadline extended for bull trout comments
• Murkowski Calls for Resource Assessment on State and Federal Lands
• Comments needed regarding proposal to lock up huge tracts of public land in California
• Settlement hearings
• Fighting back
Putting this information together, we conclude that the coming year of 2007 could hold explosive growth for the precious metals as the probability of an international “accident” rises, as the dollar comes under increasing pressure and as the fundamental demand for resources of all types from India and China plus other developing nations grows relentlessly.
Most of the world's great gold mines are in secondary (supergene) enrichments in veins and stockwork, brought about by physical and chemical processes.
The tiny, unincorporated town of Ash Fork blazed into the national spotlight with the announcement that 1,000 pounds of explosives were stolen from a nearby mine.
The early day miners feared it, and it happened a lot more often than they would have liked: the easily worked rich surface ores they discovered gave way as they mined downward to a vein full of sulfides, base metals and other nasty, rebellious and...
It was your correspondent’s privilege to accompany Great Atlantic’s management and geologic team on a journalist and analyst tour of their various New Brunswick projects during late June, 2012.
The Bawl Mill • Federal and State Biologists Accused of Planting Evidence • Placer Gold in New Mexico • Mining Deaths Drop to New Low in 2001 • Prospecting for Meteorites with a Metal Detector • Aussie Gold—A Look at Victoria • The Rand of South Africa • 2001 World Gold Panning Championships • Throw-Away Gold: Back to Basics • Placer Gold Near Fairbanks, Alaska • The "Drumstick" • Company Notes • Editorial • Looking Back • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices