The Bawl Mill
May 2000 by Staff• "They treat you like a criminal on your own land."
• IRS goes after low-income taxpayers...
There are many smaller old hard rock mines out there—more than you might think. There are some small hard rock properties that are even open to be claimed if one does the right amount of research to find them.
- UN budget is UNderfunded and UNfairly distributed
- Walmart makes the naughty list
• Congress deals with other priorities
• Alaska miners get relief on state lands
• Court to government: “Can you hear me now?”
• There’s gold in them thar… holes?
• FEMA (Free Easy Money for All)
Ask leading historians to name Colorado's top 10 builders and the list quickly grows to 50 people. The list includes visionaries, scoundrels and gamblers.
Guest Editorial—Sentaor Craig of Idaho Looking Into MSHA Complaints • Guest Editorial—Changing the Rules • Gold Prospecting on Sixmile River • Serpentine in California • Town Hall Meeting in Sierra City, California • Picks & Pans: Tips for Nuggestshooting—How to Increase Your Gold Finds (Part II) • An Unusual Death in Downieville's Gold Rush • Metals and Precious Stones in Wyoming • Looking Back • Gold at Dale, California • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver