Over the Divide —Ronald Richard "Ron" Wendt
December 2007 by StaffWe are sad to say that one our most beloved writers, Ron Wendt, passed away on November 10, 2007.
The fight over an agreement a northern Wisconsin town passed almost four years ago that endorsed a proposed underground zinc and copper mine near Crandon goes before a Dane County judge next month.
• Just because it looks American, doesn’t mean it is…
• Attempted hacking by Homeland Security?
• 37% more than they counted on…
• The high price of wind power
While detecting for gold nuggets with a pulse induction machine, most of the signals we encounter have a normal “wee-ooo” sound. However, while swinging larger search coils, the bigger deeper nuggets can produce a...
• Freedom request denied
• Missing sandwich becomes a federal case
• Washington man takes the initiative
• And I complained that the Journal was delivered late...
• PLP continues the fight for miners' rights
• Oregon miners fight back
• Bills address strategic minerals
I hobbled around on the broken up, sorted rock pile. Watching where I stepped, I kept my eye open for quartz with a gray-blue color imbedded throughout the samples I picked up.
The Bawl Mill • Searching for a Paying Hardrock Deposit • Kings Valley Project Hopes to Meet Lithium, Uranium Demand • New Study on the Formation of Nuggets—Part I • Small-Scale Mining with a Dozer and Detectors • Alaska and Nevada Continue to Lead the Pack • Silver Bonanza in the Sierra Madre; The Glorious Past of Batopilas—Part III • Looking Back • Landowners See Potential Gold Mine in Uranium Ore • Feds Raid “Liberty Dollar” Headquarters • Melman on Gold & Silver (2007 Year in Review) • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices