Alaska and Nevada Continue to Lead the Pack
December 2007 by Associated PressAlaska’s mining industry posted a record-breaking year in 2006, largely because of the high prices for zinc and other metals, state officials said.
You may have noticed that the Department of Interior’s (DOI) computers were disconnected for about 10 days during mid-March. The disconnected Internet service prevented miners and prospectors from accessing numerous online files, including all Bureau of Land Management websites and mining claim systems.
The lands that lie within the Arizona section of the Kingman Quadrangle are by far the most populated. Kingman and Bullhead City are the largest towns in the area, having a combined population of about 58,000 people.
• Cap and trade
• Roadless rule
• WDFW backs down thanks to miners
• California dredge permits
• BLM faces lawsuit over access in Washington State
One last subject is the performance of gold and silver themselves—which has been positive for more than two months—and to explain the reasoning behind these rallies.
While mapping, I also found rock chips in the soil that were characteristic of the same wall rock alteration that occurs adjacent to the known lodes in the greenstone belt.
• Rock Creek mine approved again: environmentalists file another lawsuit
• Great Basin Mine Watch losing appeal
• Roadless Rule declared illegal again by Federal Court
• Off-highway vehicle restrictions in North and South Dakota and Montana
• Comments needed for new off-road emission and fuel standards
• California administration moves to block mining; governor faces recall
• A few pending bills...
The Bawl Mill • Searching for a Paying Hardrock Deposit • Kings Valley Project Hopes to Meet Lithium, Uranium Demand • New Study on the Formation of Nuggets—Part I • Over the Divide —Ronald Richard "Ron" Wendt • Small-Scale Mining with a Dozer and Detectors • Silver Bonanza in the Sierra Madre; The Glorious Past of Batopilas—Part III • Looking Back • Landowners See Potential Gold Mine in Uranium Ore • Feds Raid “Liberty Dollar” Headquarters • Melman on Gold & Silver (2007 Year in Review) • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices