The Bingham Canyon Copper Mine
October 2010 by Alan J. ChenworthWhile the current mine plans forecast an end of mining in about 2019, Bingham Canyons’ future remains bright. Company officials are looking at an expansion that, if approved, will extend the mine life until about 2036.
• Distaster bill is a disaster
• By the numbers
• Image isn't everything in Illinois...
• Court to government: “Can you hear me now?”
• There’s gold in them thar… holes?
• FEMA (Free Easy Money for All)
What is the ceramic-like material embedded with gold?
• Determining the amount of gold in a specimen
• It's almost November
• Two federal land managers found guilty of contempt
• A chance to halt additional wilderness in Southern California
• Oregon mineral withdrawal
• A really good reason to get out and vote in Oregon
SB 765...would tax suction gold dredgers by charging a $50 annual fee for in-state dredgers and a whopping $2,500 fee for out-of-state dredgers for each county where the miner intends to dredge.
Dr. Ralph E. Pray
The Bawl Mill • Nevada Claim Holders Form Coalition • Legislative and Regulatory Update • How to Handle Claim Jumping • Prospecting My Way Across Australia Pt I • Recreational Mining in the Cache Creek Mining District, Alaska • California and US Gold Panning Championships • Drywashing and Detecting for Gold • Melman on Gold & Silver