Our Readers Say
April 1999 by Staff• "No small mining operation can afford this..."
• "The small arrastra still lives... "
• "...an effective defense against Green political efforts to lock the public off public lands."
Palmarejo Silver & Gold Corp., based in Longueuil, Quebec, is a gold-silver exploration company reexploring a former Spanish silver district in far southwestern Chihuahua.
A very famous quote that appears particularly relevant to the past month is one attributed to former British Prime Minister Harold MacMillan. When asked what could most easily derail a government, he replied, “Events, dear boy, events.” We certainly had events in abundance this past month.
• Flying the friendly skies...
• The best job is a government job...
• A change of address...
• The tires that bind...
Mexico has a lengthy history of mining and one of the regions most associated with that activity is Durango State in the north-central part of the country.
• Royal Gold, Inc.
• Fairmile GoldTech, Inc.
• Gemcom Software Int'l Inc.
• Homestake Mining Company
• New California suction gold dredging regulations released—and they are just as bad as we predicted
• Dredgers file US Supreme Court response in Oregon case
• Washington State pushes same suction gold dredging narrative
• Pentagon reverses decision on rare earth projects
The Bawl Mill • Editorial—BLM 43 CFR 3809 Revision Status • Miner Says Mining Could Return to Boulder • Arizona Mines and Minerals Releases New Directory • Onerous New Mining Rules Adopted in Washington State • U.S. Sued for Failure to Guard Rare Species • Miner Charged in Death of Downieville Miner • Senator Warns Against Proposal to Sell Some IMF Gold • Dry Placers in the Kamma Mountains, Nevada • Company Notes • MCS Index Shows Decrease in Mining Costs • Over the Divide • Picks & Pans: Confessions of a Small Miner—Part II • The Saga of Sand Mountain • Nevada County Feeling Pain of Slumping Mining Industry • There's Gold in Those Tailings • Gold at Ragged Top, Arizona • Increase in Silver Demand by Photography Industry • Melman on Gold & Silver • Looking Back • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices