Our Readers Say
April 1999 by Staff• "No small mining operation can afford this..."
• "The small arrastra still lives... "
• "...an effective defense against Green political efforts to lock the public off public lands."
Their first cleanup total was more gold than they had ever found. These guys were deliriously overjoyed with their good fortune.
It is my belief that these trends toward rising budgetary and trade deficits, escalating monetary creation and interest rates that are being held at artificially low levels will continue and I believe that further US Dollar weakness has now been built into the system.
The population of Sutro almost reached the same number this weekend as it did during its short-lived heyday. About 600 visitors explored the site where Adolf Sutro envisioned a bustling city.
• Look for less federal government land acquisitions in the new budget
• Valley fill ruling overturned
• Two species rejected for listing under ESA
• New Mexico and Montana consider legislation to encourage mining
• Mining, lumber groups seek to eliminate funds for university program
• Backfilling required for new mines in California
• Nevada Congressman named vice chairman of Resources
• Idaho gets deadline extended for bull trout comments
• Murkowski Calls for Resource Assessment on State and Federal Lands
• Comments needed regarding proposal to lock up huge tracts of public land in California
Most prospectors learn early that pyrite is fool's gold...but the truth is it can be an excellent indicator mineral for gold and in many cases does contain small amounts of gold.
For many years we have been losing our rights. The main reason this has been happening is because as prospectors and miners, we tend to be loners. This trait has helped the environmental movement because...
• Washington Group Int'l
• Robinson Nevada Mining Co.
• Little Squaw Gold Mining Co.
• Newmont Mining Corp.
• Compania de Minas Buenaventura
The Bawl Mill • Editorial—BLM 43 CFR 3809 Revision Status • Miner Says Mining Could Return to Boulder • Arizona Mines and Minerals Releases New Directory • Onerous New Mining Rules Adopted in Washington State • U.S. Sued for Failure to Guard Rare Species • Miner Charged in Death of Downieville Miner • Senator Warns Against Proposal to Sell Some IMF Gold • Dry Placers in the Kamma Mountains, Nevada • Company Notes • MCS Index Shows Decrease in Mining Costs • Over the Divide • Picks & Pans: Confessions of a Small Miner—Part II • The Saga of Sand Mountain • Nevada County Feeling Pain of Slumping Mining Industry • There's Gold in Those Tailings • Gold at Ragged Top, Arizona • Increase in Silver Demand by Photography Industry • Melman on Gold & Silver • Looking Back • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices