Oregon Miner Challenges Forest Service’s Authority to Regulate Mining
October 2009 by Scott HarnJudging by news accounts, Tracy was doing exactly what H.R. 365, commonly referred to as the Mining Act of 1866, allows him to do.
The population of Sutro almost reached the same number this weekend as it did during its short-lived heyday. About 600 visitors explored the site where Adolf Sutro envisioned a bustling city.
• Court to government: “Can you hear me now?”
• There’s gold in them thar… holes?
• FEMA (Free Easy Money for All)
• Is the Spenceville Wildlife area open to prospecting?
Queensland produces about 25-28 tons of gold per year, which, while not in the same class as South Africa or North America, is still a respectable output.
The gold is all for sale. Just one tiny coin alone could go for $1 million because of its combination of rarity and the history behind it...
• “Mom” and “dad” expelled from school?
• Foxes in the henhouse
• In good company
• Taxpayers torpedoed
- Town’s “big risk” leads to really big loss
- High-speed rail causes division...in property access
The Bawl Mill • PLP Files Lawsuit to Lift Ban on Suction Dredging • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Bigger Is Not Always Better • Gold in the Rattlesnake Hills • The Tonopah Gold and Silver District • Possible Discovery Sparks New Klondike Gold Rush • Dredging Alternative: High Banking • The Fence • California State Gold Panning Championships • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices
Melman on Gold & Silver