Legislative and Regulatory Update
October 2009 by Scott Harn• Interior considers huge withdrawal in Arizona
• Travel Management Plans
• Roadless Rule has nine lives
In our opinion, these dizzying up and down moves reflect not so much a change in the direction of hard data, but rather fluctuations in sentiment regarding the degree of danger relating to the overall international economic structure.
• The 75-ounce Butte County nugget is the largest found in California since the 156-ounce Mojave nugget in the 1970s...
I am going to suggest dozens of ways you can increase suction power, dredge to greater depths, and improve recovery methods in your sluice box.
• Idaho miners will challenge new EPA permit at rally
• California proposes to amend definition of a suction dredge
• Proposed rule redefines "navigable waters"
The Bawl Mill • PLP Files Lawsuit to Lift Ban on Suction Dredging • Bigger Is Not Always Better • Gold in the Rattlesnake Hills • The Tonopah Gold and Silver District • Possible Discovery Sparks New Klondike Gold Rush • Oregon Miner Challenges Forest Service’s Authority to Regulate Mining • Dredging Alternative: High Banking • The Fence • California State Gold Panning Championships • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices
Melman on Gold & Silver