More Tennessee Gold
July 2009 by Tim LeGrandI got into some bigger rocks to move out of the hole, and some were so large I could barely get them up and out. The walls were steep, and the current kept pushing in more light gravel from the upstream side. I worked my rear off that day.
• "...the small miner and prospector has lost one of their greatest friends."
• "As a taxpayer, I have to wonder what kind of fantasy land our government regulatory employees and managers live in."
• " ... this 'batty' line of reasoning was ludicrous."
She explained that she didn’t like the numbers that the computer model gave her for this section of river, so she “adjusted the numbers by hand” to more accurately reflect what she thought they should be.
• Inter-department letter, Forest Supervisor to Regional Forester seeks assistance in segregating a significant area of the San Bernardino National Forest from mineral entry.
• Conservation and Reinvestment Act (CARA) stopped in Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee
• Forest Service meetings on Roadless Initiative have ended and the comment period closed December 20, but we have been advised that the public will have another opportunity for input.
• On November 8, the BLM held a hearing in Placerville, California, regarding withdrawal of 3,368.85 acres of public land along the South Fork of the American River.
While recovery rates are important, they must necessarily be secondary to the volume of material processed. Running more material at lower recovery rates is generally preferable to increasing the efficiency of the system.
The Wyoming State Geological Survey announced ten new geologic maps have been completed and are now available.
Many miners who have hoarded their gold for years are now tempted by higher prices. Several friends with multiple pound nugget collections have sold them recently for cash.
The Bawl Mill • The Suction Gold Dredging Fight Continues in California • Gold in the South Pass Greenstone Belt, Wyoming • Chinese Buy Out Australian Miners • Using a Winch to Work Smarter, Not Harder • The Forgotten Specimen—Part II • Germany Developing Gold Vending Machine • How to Complete Assessment Work and Claim Maintenance • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices