Montana Lawmakers Want Economic Review of New Mining Rule
November 2005 by Associated PressA group of lawmakers is asking the state to review the economic effects of a new mining law that one lawmaker contends is nothing more than a thinly veiled effort to end all mining in Montana.
• Hearing date moved up for preliminary injunction for California suction dredging
• Anti-mining bills in Oregon lead to recall effort
• Assembly Bill 1032
• Forest Service tries to rewrite Mining Law
• California seeks comments from dredgers
• Support PLP efforts
• Inter-department letter, Forest Supervisor to Regional Forester seeks assistance in segregating a significant area of the San Bernardino National Forest from mineral entry.
• Conservation and Reinvestment Act (CARA) stopped in Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee
• Forest Service meetings on Roadless Initiative have ended and the comment period closed December 20, but we have been advised that the public will have another opportunity for input.
• On November 8, the BLM held a hearing in Placerville, California, regarding withdrawal of 3,368.85 acres of public land along the South Fork of the American River.
• Court says ESA does not apply in some cases
• Comments needed for proposed critical habitat in several Western states
• EPA still trying to rewrite the Clean Water Act
• Enough already!
• Now is the time to act
Even though there has recently been a decline in the prices for most of the precious metals, an increasing number of amateur prospectors are still finding that prospecting for precious metals is an exciting, enjoyable, and sometimes profitable occupation.
The National Mining Hall of Fame and Museum, Leadville, Colorado, is calling for poems reflective of the mining experience for its Second Annual Miner's Poetry Jamboree.
As we got closer to a wide stream bed, we started hearing some gunfire. It was single shots at first, then semi and automatic weapons fire…
The Bawl Mill • The Price of Gold—Where It’s Headed and Why • Mining Companies Competing for Labor • Sam, the Tenderfoot Prospector • Placer Gold in Russia • The Rampart Goldfields, Alaska • Tales of California Gold Discoveries 3rd in a Series—Bloody Nick The Miner • Company Notes • Miners Rally Successful • Venezuela’s Chavez Halts Mining Projects • Metal-Mineral Identification Utilizing a Detector • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Looking Back • Melman on Gold & Silver