November 2005 by Staff• Inco, Ltd.
• Falconbridge, Ltd.
• Pathfinder Resources, Ltd.
• Diamonds North Resources, Ltd.
• Newmont Mining
• Couer Alaska
Coeur Alaska’s plan to develop the Kensington gold mine and dispose of its tailings in a lake has been approved by the Tongass National Forest.
• More roadblocks to dredging in California
• Two Oregon Sheriffs challenge Forest Service authority
• Gold is money
- Wanted: real, live workers
- Always vote for yourself
- OMG! :(
The Bunker Hill Mine is doing its part to help tsunami victims by sending crates of bandages impregnated with silver to Indonesia.
• A third political party is born
We asked several writers and professionals to recommend their favorite books or publications that they thought would benefit prospectors and miners. Each recommendation is followed by a rating of beginner, intermediate, or advanced prospector or miner, or a rating of “general” (for all levels).
• He can manage the taxpayers' money, but not his own?
• Government debt to reach yet another milestone...
• Speaking of ObamaCare...
The Bawl Mill • The Price of Gold—Where It’s Headed and Why • Mining Companies Competing for Labor • Sam, the Tenderfoot Prospector • Placer Gold in Russia • The Rampart Goldfields, Alaska • Tales of California Gold Discoveries 3rd in a Series—Bloody Nick The Miner • Miners Rally Successful • Venezuela’s Chavez Halts Mining Projects • Metal-Mineral Identification Utilizing a Detector • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Looking Back • Melman on Gold & Silver • Montana Lawmakers Want Economic Review of New Mining Rule