Mojave Desert Gold
November 2002 by Edgar B. Heylmun, PhDThe Mojave Desert is located in southeastern California, southern Nevada, western Arizona, and northern Sonora. Geologically, its western boundary is marked by the San Andreas and Garlock faults, but elsewhere, the boundaries are...
An attorney for the Pilgrim family told federal appeals judges that the National Park Service has no right to conduct a formal environmental review or create other roadblocks before granting access to their land within a national park.
• Bush lets Roadless Rule take effect while promising changes
• USFS seeks comments for Utah forest
• A bold move by a small town
• Forest Service wants to encourage return of Canada lynx
• Update on Oregon's Measure 7
As we reported in the January 2001 issue of ICMJ, the Gold Anti-Trust Action (GATA) Committee has been investigating whether or not the US Government, in concert with several bullion banks and the Bank of International Settlements (BIS), has been manipulating the price of gold.
We are heading into 2019 with a cautiously optimistic view. We feel we are very close to obtaining regulatory relief for miners, and believe this NDAA cycle will prove fruitful.
Venezuela announced plans to take over the nation’s largest gold mine, operated by Canada’s Crystallex International Corp., as President Hugo Chavez gradually brings mining operations under state control.
- Comments needed regarding proposed NEPA improvements
- Efforts underway to fix the ESA
• Idaho continues toward elimination of EPA suction dredging regulations
• EPA makes preemptive strike against Alaska mine
• Proposed Mines Act permit fees
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Lamproites and Diamonds • Working the Belmont Mine, Butte, Montana—1953 (Part 2) • A Real Placer Miner • Miner Unhappy After Judge Dismisses Charges • Picks & Pans: Fig Tree, Grape Vine and Good Gold • Sluicing on Bedrock • Sandstone Silver in Texas • A Few Prospecting Notes From Jim Straight • Explorers to Salvage Gold-Laden Ship • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Looking Back