Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices
November 2002 by Staff
• EPA rule blocked
• “...a great article that answers many of my questions...”
• “I really appreciated reading the article about the Forty Mile operation...”
• Critical minerals a priority
• Montana miners win again
• MSHA backs down
• Environmental groups as foreign agents
Judging by news accounts, Tracy was doing exactly what H.R. 365, commonly referred to as the Mining Act of 1866, allows him to do.
• Big win by a California suction gold dredger
• Administration locks up another popular gold mining area
• BLM creates de facto wilderness without Congressional approval
It was late October 1850, and, as the story goes, George McKnight was rushing along trying to round up his cows when he stumbled. He was not a happy man as he kicked the fist-sized rock in disgust. The disgust changed quickly to interest...
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Lamproites and Diamonds • Working the Belmont Mine, Butte, Montana—1953 (Part 2) • A Real Placer Miner • Mojave Desert Gold • Miner Unhappy After Judge Dismisses Charges • Picks & Pans: Fig Tree, Grape Vine and Good Gold • Sluicing on Bedrock • Sandstone Silver in Texas • A Few Prospecting Notes From Jim Straight • Explorers to Salvage Gold-Laden Ship • Melman on Gold & Silver • Looking Back