Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices
April 2007 by Staff
• What goes up, must come down.
Once again international terrorism became the focus of much of the world as the British Isles were swept by two major stories. First, two vehicles were found with high explosives in London and it was only the smoldering fuses that gave away the contents of the vehicles before they exploded.
There are several news items of interest here at ICMJ’s Prospecting and Mining Journal.
The Colorado Plateau, much of it “Red Rock Country,” covers most of southern and eastern Utah, as well as parts of adjoining states. Elevations range from 3,600 to over 12,000 feet. Much of the region is...
• Forest chief asks Norton to end Oregon mining moratorium
• DOI orders review of "science" used in Klamath Basin decisions
• BLM Launches EIS for Conservation and Restoration of BLM Public Lands in Western U.S.
• Fish & Wildlife service approach to critical habitat ruled unlawful in Arizona case
• California dredging update
• Favorable bills in Congress
So you want to do some gold mining in Mexico. What do you need, where do you go, how do you begin? You begin before you even cross the border.
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts—How do I remove gold from black sands? • Ask the Experts—How did the bill to address RS 2477 pan out? • Ask the Experts—How can I separate gold from carbon? • Wild and Scenic Rivers Act (P.L. 90-542, as Amended) • Platinum Placers and Nuggets • In Pursuit of Gold & Silver in the Sierra Madres—The Tejeda Mines • The Business of Mining—Family Mining Business Tax Savings • Successful Nugget Hunting • Oregon Miners Update • The Prevleator • Mining Boom Is Back In Northern Nevada • Lease Issued For Potential Mine Near Mount St. Helens • Looking Back • Melman on Gold & Silver