Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices
May 2008 by Staff
Mining conferences frequently reflect specific types of information as their focus, and our publication was recently represented at two such contrasting gatherings, the Manitoba Mining and Minerals Conference in Winnipeg, Manitoba and the Northwest Mining Association Convention in Spokane, Washington.
A matter of some serious concern has developed in the relationship between the prices for gold and silver and the performance of mining share averages.
Given the enormous expenditures that are required to bring any mining property into production, the industry can ill afford a regulatory system which, by reversing already existent approvals, can nullify the value of funds already expended.
• “This country is in serious trouble...”
• “This is a perfect example of why I subscribe”
• “...the best coverage...”
• More like “upsetting” than offsetting...
• So, when is our first shareholder meeting?
• Government kicks a gift horse in the mouth...
• Will the real Barack Obama please step forward...
• Comments needed from small-scale miners in Oregon
• News from the House and Senate
• Governor shows support for mining
Now, the Old Hundred-Mine boarding house has a new lease on life thanks to a town where some cling to the relics of a vanquished mining industry...
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts—Why doesn't the 1872 Mining Law apply to all 50 states? • Ask The Experts—Where do I find information about getting paid for raw gold? • Understanding Geologic Deposit Models • The Lost Silver Triangle of the Sierra Madre—Part II • Prospecting for Diamonds • Avino’s Durango Project • Success With A Detector • Horsetail Gold • The Makorakoza of Zimbabwe—Centuries of Prospecting in Gold-Hosting Dolerites • Melman on Gold & Silver