The Makorakoza of Zimbabwe—Centuries of Prospecting in Gold-Hosting Dolerites
May 2008 by Ann KritzingerUntil a countrywide banning order in 2007, the undercover panners were living testimony to the presence of gold in a region not previously known for its occurrence.
• Some positives in spending bill
• Judge puts brakes on the EPA in Alaska
• Judge to rule in favor of suction gold dredgers
• Endangered Species Act update
• California Fish & Game tries yet another route to stop gold dredgers
• Is this old mining story too good to be true?
Excerpts from California Mining Journal, our original title, published 50 years ago this month.
Leon was leading the way as we hiked the trail out of North Canyon. Without any warning Leon leaped into the air. He had just spotted a big rattlesnake lying in the grass beside the trail.
• Two steps forward, several billion steps back
• No daylight "savings" in DC
• China invades Washington, DC
• Center gives new meaning to "protection"
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts—Why doesn't the 1872 Mining Law apply to all 50 states? • Ask The Experts—Where do I find information about getting paid for raw gold? • Understanding Geologic Deposit Models • The Lost Silver Triangle of the Sierra Madre—Part II • Prospecting for Diamonds • Avino’s Durango Project • Success With A Detector • Horsetail Gold • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices