Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices
November 2003 by Staff
• Pacific Legal Foundation files suit to de-list Klamath salmon
• Draft EIS on Suction Dredging in the Siskiyou National Forest
• More Siskiyou National Forest news
• District Court rules in favor of Nicolet Minerals
• State Supreme Court backs mining company
• Judge orders reconsideration of “bi-state” sage grouse population in California and Nevada
• Environmental groups attempt to reinstate hard rock rule
This “special” rock was much bigger and after having smashed it in half, and then in half again and again, a small gold nugget just sat there looking at me, still embedded in a small mix.
A two-pronged approach is necessary to restore suction dredging; federal preemption needs to be established as addressed above via petition; and clarification from the EPA is needed to establish that no Section 402 permit is necessary when there is no “addition” of a pollutant.
Viewing details on Google Earth
The Ball Mill • British Columbia to Streamline Filing of Mining Claims • Millsite Opinion Overturned! • Continental Drift • Eight Mines Earn Prestigious Safety Awards • A Guide to Overlooked Gold Deposits—Part III • Company Notes • The Kennedy Gold Mine—An Impressive Piece of History • Buckhorn Mountain Project May Be Revived • Watermelon Gold • Picks & Pans: An Arizona Miner • Gold Hill, Utah • Looking Back • Frozen Prospects • Platinum in Nevada • USFS Criticized for Renting Chopper in Nevada Dispute • Melman on Gold & Silver • New Guinea Denies Existence of Gold Stash