Melman on Gold & Silver
July 2005 by Leonard MelmanSometime during the hippie days of the 1960s, the world became aware of the custom of chanting mantras. At that time, the favorite was the word “OM.” Well, the financial community seems to have recaptured the custom of chanting...
If precious metals miners and prospectors were looking for a series of dramatic events to usher in the first two weeks of 2016, they have not been disappointed.
There are a lot of differences between the operations of successful mining companies and ones that become financial failures, but one of the consistent key differences between them is their sampling programs.
• Are you paying for others' risk-taking?...
• They call it the "impalement captial of the United States"—and not to be funny!...
• Clean Water Act rule change proposed
• DOJ files motion against Oregon miners
• Off-road access case to be reviewed by Supreme Court
• Resources Coalition hard at work
• Leavitt takes helm of EPA
Nearly 11,000 attended this year’s Prospector and Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) convention in Toronto. Joe Hamilton, president of the Convention Planning Committee, beleived he knew why the numbers were so high.
When my “anonymous” friend told me the rock tub was probably a hundred miles from where he safely stashed it, I decided to build another sled and improve on my old design.
- Town’s “big risk” leads to really big loss
- High-speed rail causes division...in property access
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • The Montana Tunnels Discovery • Spreading the Fever • Forest Service Final Rule—When is a Notice or Plan Required? • Looking Back • New Regulations for Major Precious Metal Dealers • The Paradox Basin—Part I • The Safety in Tax Deductions for Safety • Understanding and Evaluating Desert Mineralization for Nuggetshooters • A Search for Tantalum • Copper is King in Arizona • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices