Melman on Gold & Silver
May 2005 by Leonard MelmanLast month was one of the most unusual in recent memory. For virtually an entire month, the news media was focused almost entirely with death and dying.
• Comments needed for proposed wilderness in southern Arizona
• Miner wins in court; Forest Service appeals
• BLM directors held accountable
• CBM lawsuit may change venue
Robert A. Sanregret
1930 - 1999
• It's almost November
• Two federal land managers found guilty of contempt
• A chance to halt additional wilderness in Southern California
• Oregon mineral withdrawal
• A really good reason to get out and vote in Oregon
Niobium (columbium) and tantalum are related metals that usually occur together and are associated with vanadium on the periodic chart of the elements. Both metals have seen increased usage in high-tech applications in recent years because of increased availability.
Gold deposits and outer space
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Estimating Gold Values in Placer Gravels • Lode Gold in Nicaragua • Miners: Plan Ahead for Next Year's Taxes • California's Original Sixteen to One Mine • Montana Multiple Use Association Backs Miner • Picks & Pans: Detecting Micro-Nuggets • Diamond Search Underway in Alaska and Minnesota • Mining Outfits Eye 50-Year Supply of Iron Ore • Goldfield—Princess of the Mojave • Couple Creates Jewelry of the Iron Range • Looking Back • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices