The Bawl Mill
May 2005 by Scott Harn• FEMA funds fraudulent funerals (say that 3 times fast!)
• Michigan drivers pick up the pace
• The hogs are at the trough again
• Working on a percentage basis
The mining and logging camp of Zeballos (pop. 272) is located on an arm of Esperanza Inlet, on the southwest side of Vancouver Island, British Columbia. Vancouver Island is 301 miles, by road, and reaches elevations as high as 7,249 feet.
Every financial writer enjoys a few moments of pleasure when one of his predictions is validated by the markets and your columnist is no exception.
Some Australian lawmakers object to allowing Chinese government companies to buy mining assets that they say are a cornerstone of Australia’s economy.
Much of the world’s supply of beryllium is mined by Brush-Wellman, Inc., at Spor Mountain, Utah. The district is in a harsh desert environment which receives only 6 inches of precipitation a year, barely enough to support scrubby desert growth.
• The ESA used, and apparently abused, in Arizona and New Mexico
• In a somewhat related story...
• Among the numerous bills that died when Congress adjourned...
• More on the ESA
• Miners must present proof of filing, says IBLA
• Federal government backs mining project
• Appeals Court says Clinton roadless rule can stay
Our Readers Say • Estimating Gold Values in Placer Gravels • Lode Gold in Nicaragua • Miners: Plan Ahead for Next Year's Taxes • California's Original Sixteen to One Mine • Montana Multiple Use Association Backs Miner • Picks & Pans: Detecting Micro-Nuggets • Diamond Search Underway in Alaska and Minnesota • Mining Outfits Eye 50-Year Supply of Iron Ore • Goldfield—Princess of the Mojave • Couple Creates Jewelry of the Iron Range • Melman on Gold & Silver • Looking Back • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices