December 2003 by StaffExcerpts from California Mining Journal, our original title, published 50 years ago this month.
• Office supplies—$83.00. Gas for your government car—$29.00. Using your government credit card to pay for your vacation—Priceless.
• Australian government creates a haven for criminals
• Federal election results should be favorable to miners
• Utah residents reject proposed National Monument
• Fish and Wildlife told to disclose locations of endangered species
Hard times for the copper industry could cost property owners in Grant County.
Most importantly, self-employed miners, prospectors or employees (even of their own mining-related business) who own or lease an automobile, can utilize the standard rate so long as they operate only one car at a time for business purposes.
The Bawl Mill • Searching for Placer Diamonds • Lawsuit on Alleged Market Manipulation Continues • Texas "Hill Country" Gold • A Guide to Overlooked Gold Deposits—Part IV • Picks & Pans: Detecting in Northern Nevada • Miners Welcome Comments by Alaska Official • Company Notes • Spectacular Specimens Found in Northern Nevada • New Life for the Suction Nozzle • Oil Seeps in Arizona • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices