Legislative and Regulatory Update
February 2016 by Scott Harn
• Oregon passes SB 838
• Meanwhile, in California
His small business managed to pump millions of dollars over the years into the California economy.
• Obama’s parting shots
• California suction dredging
• Oregon follows California’s lead
• Lawsuit coming; bill introduced to stop mining in Washington State
• President Trump halts new federal regulations
The verbage is SB 838 is vague and ambiguous to say the least. As a result, there is quite a bit of misinformation floating around the rumor mills.
- Bill to limit Antiquities Act
- PLF seeks relief from Endangered Species Act abuses
The Colorado Mining Association is asking the US Supreme Court to review a 2001 rule that largely barred new roads on 58 million acres of roadless areas in national forests.
- Some mining claim fees increase
- Oregon miners file appeal
- US Fish & Wildlife law enforcement policing powers restrained
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • The Art of Underwater Nugget Shooting • Northwestern Alaska Mineral Resources • A Family Quest for Gold • MMAC & PLP Update • The Fire Assay of Carbon • Determining the Amount of Gold in Rich Ores • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices
Gold in Quartz