Legislative and Regulatory Update
February 2016 by Scott Harn
• Pendley nomination withdrawn but will remain BLM director for now
• Comments needed for Midas Gold project in Idaho
US uranium mines produced less than 174,000 pounds in 2019, according to the February Energy Information Administration report. That’s down from 4.9 million pounds in 2014.
- Budd-Falen in line to become next director at BLM
- Ten national monuments slated for changes or reductions
- California adds another fee
The $800 million project will provide 300 jobs during production. It will be the only US mine where nickel is the primary targeted mineral, with about 360 million pounds to be extracted.
Keep in mind there are specific steps that must be taken to get your traditional mining district organized if it has fallen into disarray.
- Massive 660-page lands bill passed in the Senate
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • The Art of Underwater Nugget Shooting • Northwestern Alaska Mineral Resources • A Family Quest for Gold • MMAC & PLP Update • The Fire Assay of Carbon • Determining the Amount of Gold in Rich Ores • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices
Gold in Quartz