Administration Officials Pledge to Work Closely With Miners
January 2002 by John K. WileyThe nation’s mining industry can expect a more favorable working climate, Bush administration officials told a receptive audience at the Northwest Mining Association’s (NWMA) annual convention.
Adam’s condition had been deteriorating every step of the way. At times, I could only coax him ten or twenty feet before he laid down again. He refused to eat or drink. At this point, I realized we might not get out of the canyon by dark and might need help getting Adam out at all.
Some creeks have nuggets, while others, particulary the rivers, nothing but fine gold.
On our last trip, we brought ropes and went down the first waterfall forty vertical feet, only to be confronted by a second, sixty-foot-high, overhanging waterfall that emptied into a slot canyon.
• Look for less federal government land acquisitions in the new budget
• Valley fill ruling overturned
• Two species rejected for listing under ESA
• New Mexico and Montana consider legislation to encourage mining
• Mining, lumber groups seek to eliminate funds for university program
• Backfilling required for new mines in California
• Nevada Congressman named vice chairman of Resources
• Idaho gets deadline extended for bull trout comments
• Murkowski Calls for Resource Assessment on State and Federal Lands
• Comments needed regarding proposal to lock up huge tracts of public land in California
We now have supporters who are well known and connected in Washington, DC, and who state they will assist us in bypassing lower level staffers and getting us face-to-face meetings with Senators.
• Reality show or reality?
• Big brother pays well...
• "Less is more" is really less
This past month has been filled with headline-grabbing news events and, for a change, it was not only politics that dominated those news stories, but rather financial markets themselves, with gold and mining shares grabbing a major share of attention.
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • NMFS Official Admits Bogus ESA Analyses • Glacial Gold in Ohio • The Fort Knox Mine—1,200 Ounces a Day • Picks & Pans: Diamond Hunting in Wyoming • Aussie Gold—A Look at New South Wales • The Green Land-Grabbers: It's Not Just the Feds Who Are After Your Land • ICMJ's 11th Annual Photo Contest Results • A Rich Gold Strike at Scossa • Company Notes • 3809 Drawing Winners • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices