Ask The Experts
Q: I have a question/request regarding some black sand left from my Dad’s prospecting days.
Q: I have tried various leaching techniques from which I cannot get a precipitate.
Q: The Arizona BLM state office has started sending out registered letters to association placer claim holders...
Q: Can and should you remove their poles and notice right then and there or should you wait until you have convinced them of their trespass?
• Is there a standard contract for placer mining to use with a private property owner?
• Is there a single book that covers most aspects of mining and recovery?
Q: The nearest access to the claim is a half mile walk, which is tough for a lode claim.
Q: With safety as a given, what can the average miner, or Joe-blow greenhorn do to identify and extract some metals or minerals with off-the-shelf products or natural ingredients?
Which comes first, claim filing or staking?
Q: How do I improve my small-scale mining operation’s gold production?
• Can I get advice on a hard rock property in Calaveras County, California?
• How small should I crush my hard rock ore?
• Should I focus efforts on this particular rock type?
• Can I find enough gold to make a living with only hand tools?