Western Mining Artifact Collectors Show
August 2002 by Mark MallicoatA year of work and preparation has come and gone as the Western Mining Artifact Show was held this past June 29th at the Miners Foundry in Nevada City, California. It was three days of fun and adventure delighting in the glory of the golden days of California gold mining of long ago.
• Submit your comments now regarding BLM's plan to increase fees
• Jumping fron wins federal habitat protection
• NMA challenges "midnight" water regulation
• People in lead houses should not throw stones...
• The Anything-but-Affordable Care Act
Despite lower prices, Nevada gold production increased slightly last year and the state continues to produce about three-fourths of the nation’s gold.
• "Now for the reality..."
• "How times have chagned..."
• "Now I know why it was late..."
• "...the news media has been kept in the dark."
• "...expand it if you can."
The Bawl Mill • Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife Raises Harassment of Miners to a New Level • Oregon Miners File Suit Against Fisheries Service • BLM Land Swap Deal Raises Eyebrows • Gold in Nevada • The Greenhorn • Striking Gold • The Bombarded 38' Parallel • Picks & Pans: The Trophy Hunt • Corner Country Gold • Something to Consider When You Go Dredging • Rattlesnakes • The Gold Hill and Iowa Mine 1895-1938 • Looking Back • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices