August 2002 by Bob SchlosserI wanted to become part of the romance of Colorado—to become part of the romance of mining in those majestic mountains. The path ahead of me was much rougher than I anticipated.
• This is a friendly reminder
• Homebuilders’ case may help miners
• “Ecological resources must be protected…”
• Pacific Legal Foundation joins effort to overturn California dredging moratorium
• PLP fund drive continues
...what do you do when someone intentionally or continually takes gold or other precious metals from your claim?
• Forest Service Roadless Initiave comment period is about to close
• Endangered Species Decision Delayed
• 43 CFR Part 3800—Mining Claims Under the General Mining Laws
by Henry E. Hilliard
Excerpted from USGS "1998 Annual Review"
Most developmental ideas grow from the reluctance of some individual to participate in hard work, so I can only say that I must think better in a reclining position.
The Bawl Mill • Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife Raises Harassment of Miners to a New Level • Oregon Miners File Suit Against Fisheries Service • BLM Land Swap Deal Raises Eyebrows • Gold in Nevada • Striking Gold • The Bombarded 38' Parallel • Picks & Pans: The Trophy Hunt • Corner Country Gold • Something to Consider When You Go Dredging • Western Mining Artifact Collectors Show • Rattlesnakes • The Gold Hill and Iowa Mine 1895-1938 • Looking Back • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices