Tonopah Historic Mining Park
April 2001 by Mark MallicoatFor just a few bucks admission you’re on your way. Shawn will give you a map of the 130-acre park, and you are free to explore on your own. There are just a few areas that are fenced-off for safety concerns, but most of it is wide open. It is a refreshing change to view a mining museum/park such as this.
Two Australian miners who survived for two weeks in a kennel-size cage trapped 3,000 feet underground walked out of the Beaconsfield Gold Mine and punched the air, freed by rescue crews drilling round-the-clock by hand.
• Pacific Legal Foundation files suit to de-list Klamath salmon
• Draft EIS on Suction Dredging in the Siskiyou National Forest
• More Siskiyou National Forest news
• District Court rules in favor of Nicolet Minerals
• State Supreme Court backs mining company
• Comments needed for Washington's Buckhorn Mountain
• Rep. Gibbons goes to bat for Nevada
• More land acquisition on the way?
• IBLA rules in favor of miner
• Comment on critical habitat proposed in the Mojave Desert
Much of the past 12 months, both in America and around the world, has been devoted to discussions of Keynesianism versus the Austrian School of economics; of the value versus risks of “Quantitative Easing,” of free markets versus government-dominated markets; and of the right of government to accede to unlimited demands on her resources, no matter the cost.
• If at first you don’t succeed...
• By the numbers...
In the August 2000 issue of the Journal, the story of the "Quartszite Area" was most informative and accurate.
I thought things started off okay until I realized I had forgotten some of my gear and had to return to the house. My troubled start was not helped when my boy came up to me a few minutes after my return to show me his first nugget of the day.
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Gold & Fish in Washington • Original Sixteen to One Goes to Court—Challenges MSHA Citations • The Great Gold Rush of Nome, Alaska • Picks & Pans: Red Mountain Planted Nugget Hunt • Silver at Calico, California • The South Pass Gold Placers, Western Wyoming • Discovery of the Silver Bullets • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Mine Forced to Pay for Grizzly Habitat and More