The Next Crisis For America
October 2007 by Scott HarnAmerica’s reliance on foreign imports for minerals and metals continues at an alarming rate. The US Geological Survey reported that the US imported $132 billion in nonfuel minerals and metals in 2006.
• Snake fence upsets environmentalists...
• Job appointments based on credentials, not connections, says the governor...
Q: With safety as a given, what can the average miner, or Joe-blow greenhorn do to identify and extract some metals or minerals with off-the-shelf products or natural ingredients?
• Coeur d'Alene Mines Corp.
• Northern Dynasty Minerals Ltd.
• Kimberly Gold Mines, Inc.
• SpectrumGold Inc.
Q: I have a question/request regarding some black sand left from my Dad’s prospecting days.
• Salmon populations and the ESA
• Miners need to get involved in Utah
The Bawl Mill • Prospecting for Hardrock Platinum, Nickel & Copper Deposits • An Answer to Endangered Salmon? • Journeys in the Kingman Quadrangle—Part III • Detecting in Australia's Etheridge Goldfield • Silver Bonanza in the Sierra Madre: The Glorious Past of Batopilas—Pt I • Another Successful Northwest Miners Rally • California State Gold Panning Championships September 1-2, 2007 • Melman on Gold & Silver • Barrick Offers $10 Million to Unlock Silver Ore • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices