The Ball Mill
May 2003 by Staff• This wasn't the UN makeover we were expecting
• Do you have more money than you really need?
• British tabloids "French roast" Chirac
• Reporter comes out of the closet
• What's worth picking out of the pan besides gold?
• Office supplies—$83.00. Gas for your government car—$29.00. Using your government credit card to pay for your vacation—Priceless.
• Australian government creates a haven for criminals
"Grouping zinc with arsenic, mercury, cyanide and dioxins is not supported by science, logic or common sense." said George Vary, Executive Directors of the American Zinc Association (AZA).
His small business managed to pump millions of dollars over the years into the California economy.
If we watch the action in six important markets, then we must conclude that there is, indeed, cause for deep concern.
Excerpts from California Mining Journal, our original title, published 50 years ago this month.
Our Readers Say • WMD Raffle Raises Funds for Lawsuit • Gold in Alabama • From the Editor • Yukon Placer Miners Fighting Extreme Discharge Limits • Picks & Pans: Red Beryl Mining—Beaver County, Utah • The Investigation • A Gold Detector Sitting in a Closet Only Finds Dust—A Potpourri of Detector Tips • Central Coast Ranges • Poll: Montana in Favor of Repealing Anti-Mining Initiative • Platinum in Laccoliths • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Looking Back • Melman on Gold & Silver