Religious Broadcaster in Liberia Mining Venture
July 1999 by Associated PressReligious broadcaster Pat Robertson, who lost up to $7 million in a failed diamond-mining venture in the former Zaire earlier this decade, is involved in a gold mine project in another African country.
A crater in an undersea volcano off Japan may contain the world's largest gold nugget ever found...
• Copenhagen—Don't ask, don't tell
• Will consider lease or trade
• By the numbers
• Bush probably could take back monuments. But would he?
• Oregon Group Needs Your Help
• Critical Habitat Proposed for California Red-legged Frog
• Haaland confirmed as head of Department of Interior
• Proposed bills aim to lock up millions of acres of public lands
• Recall election could have implications for dredgers in California
ICMJ applauds BLM whistleblower and US District Court Judge for their integrity
The Bawl Mill • Gold Hunters Hit the Web in Fight with Missile Range • Kazak Government Collects Gold from Residents • Recreational Gold Panning on the South Yuba River • Groups Wonder Meaning of Call for More Wilderness • Mining Claim Maintenance Fee Due • Desert Bonanza • Gold Near Boulder, Colorado • Company Notes • The Carissa Gold Mine, South Pass, Wyoming—A Sleeper? • Tantalum • Building the American Dream • Picks & Pans: A Pay Streak in Slate • Elizabethtown: Uncovering a Buried California Mining Community • California Diamonds • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Silver Demand Driving Mine Production Up—Mexico Remains Number One Producer • Looking Back